Elekit TU-8200R Single Ended Tube Amp
The Elekit TU-8200R Single Ended Tube Amp kit features precision Japanese engineering which in a tube amp kit translates to a build that is an absolute joy. The kit is distributed and supported in Australia by TSA. The kit is available in stock form and also in TSA’s SX format. The SX format offers several quality inclusions including enhanced coupling capacitors, a choice of matched and balanced power tubes, and the option of a choice of woodgrain panel covers.The kit comes with TSA’s excellent printed and illustrated instructions (in English). The step by step build is well set out and any constructor with moderate skills should be able to complete the project. There is also our support service for advice as required and should your build not be successful our service centre stands ready to help
Mike recently built the Elekit Single Ended Tube Amp; read his story.
Power Tube Upgrade options:
The Elekit TU-8200R SX kit is an enhancement on the standard kit. It includes audiophile grade metallised polypropylene film (coupling capacitors). When ordering your kit choose from the following tube set options. Each pair is electronically matched and balanced for superior performance.
- Preferred Series 6L6GC tube is versatile and will sound great in many amplifiers, for many styles of music. It is well balanced from top to bottom. The highs are clear and clean. The low end well detailed and articulate even when pushed hard. The high end is articulate but not sharp or brittle. Bass response is bigger than most but not boomy.
- Preferred Series EL34 for a solid bottom end and midrange; high end is good but not bright. The EL34 is often used in guitar amps and performs well in the TU-8200R.
- The Preferred Series KT88 tube is a versatile high quality tube. It is very musical and with a frequency range balanced from top to bottom. It has strong detailed bass and smooth highs, with the mids slightly warm yet still detailed. The soundstage is wide and deep. The Preferred Series KT88 construction features a solid plate design and triple getters.
TU-8200R DAC Module
Add the DAC module to your TU-8200R or TU-8200R SX and direct connect your digital music source.
- Power supply system: USB bus power (may be modified for external power supply)
- Operating system: Windows XP or higher, Mac OS X or higher
- USB: 1.1 or 2.0 (connects via USB Mini-B cable; not included)
- Sampling rate: 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- DAC resolution: 16bit
- Output distortion rate: 0.014% (USB bus power mode)
- Frequency response: 10Hz-22.5kHz (1kHz)
- Change the power supply system from USB bus power to externally supplied power
- Connection of external clock
- Changeable Op-amp
- Elekit TU-8200R $1,395.00
- Amp Build Service* $595.00
- TU-8200R SX with 6L6GC tubes $1,495.00
- TU-8200R SX with EL34 tubes $1,455.00
- TU-8200R SX with KT88 tubes $1,625.00
- TU-8200R Woodgrain covers $595.00
- DAC Module (installs in TU-8200R) $275.00
- DAC Module Build Service $195.00
Elekit products are supplied and supported in Australia by Tube Sound Audio. Prices are AUD and include GST.